June 28th, 2012
Incredible advances through the field, podium finishes and second place in both team and drivers championships in the Blancpain Endurance Series. Great results, but in lack of a victory – so far.
– Our aim is of course to take this years first victory at Paul Ricard, Edward Sandström says.
The Blancpain Endurance Series goes to half time after round three of six this weekend. Sandström and his team WRT are aiming for an even better position in the result list after the 3h race at legendary and fantastic track Paul Ricard.
– It´s a privilege to race at Paul Ricard, it´s a fantastic track. But that doesn´t remove the seriousness in the fact that we need to make good results here in preparation for the 24h at Spa in the end of July.
Belgian Audi team WRT have worked hard to find the small adjustments and improvements of the Audi R8 LMS ultra to make it perfect for Paul Ricard.
– The track is a bit special, but I´ve driven here quite a lot and feel good for the weekend. The big question mark is what team will handle their tyres best. The temperature will be over 30 degrees hot, and since we drive one hour long stints it´s important to take care of the tyres so they survive the full stint. That will decide the race, Sandström says.
Follow this weekends race at: http://www.blancpain-endurance-series.com/
Blancpain Endurance Series – Round 3
Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, France
30 June – 1st July 2012
Saturday 30 June 2012
11:45-13:15 Free Practice
Sunday 1st July 2012
Belgian Audi Club Team WRT
#1 Christopher Mies (DE) – Christopher Haase (DE) – Stéphane Ortelli (MC) Audi R8 LMS ultra
#2 Edward Sandström (SE) – Laurens Vanthoor (BE) – Andrea Piccini (IT) Audi R8 LMS ultra
Championship Standings (GT3 Pro Cup) after Round 2 of 6
1. Palttala-Leinders-Martin 50 points
2. Sandström-Vanthoor 36
3. Mies-Haase-Ortelli 23
4. Wauters-Wendlinger-Kumpen 21
5. Gattuso-Rigon-Zampieri 20
6. Piccini, Bonanomi 18
Championship Standings (GT3 Pro Cup for teams)
1. Marc VDS Racing Team 50 points
2. Belgian Audi Club Team WRT 36
3. KRK Racing 21
4. Kessel Racing 20
5. BMW / Vita4One Racing Team 18